A new Schedule tool in Autodesk Build is now introduced and it empowers teams to centralise schedule management and work from the most up-to-date activities and milestones to keep their projects on track.
Office and field teams can instantly share digital schedules, collaborate on updates as it happens and link documents, files, assets, sheets, RFIs, photos, issues and submittals to their communications for reference. TWith a handy filter function, teams can ease their search for scheduling information and filter through their schedules and view them in calendar or chart formats to see activity status in real time. Furthermore, the Schedule tool integrates with the Cost tool in Autodesk Build to simplify budgeting and planning for schedule-related expenses including general conditions such as material handling and clean-up. The Schedule and Cost integration delivers project-level data analyses, enabling teams to accurately forecast cash flow.
Having to distribute schedules across the team and also keeping everyone on the same page can be very time-consuming with many avenues of misinformation. Traditional schedule management requires updating spreadsheets, publishing them as PDFs and emailing them around to the team. By automating schedule communication in Autodesk Build, valuable project time can be saved and team members receives concurrent updates on the latest updates, while remaining in the same project frame that holds other critical project information.
Additional recent updates to Autodesk Build include:
- Sheet sharing across accounts – Customers can now connect data across their entire project teams. Linking sheets across different accounts gives teams the ability to share the latest sheets with other external team members including owners and other contractors who need access but may not be part of the main project account.
- Microsoft Teams in Meetings – Customers can now set up Teams meetings directly in Autodesk Build, without having to switch between other applications.
- Data extraction & analysis – Support for sheets, transmittals and design review data extractions using Data Connector, plus new Power BI templates, lets teams analyse and optimize document management workflows for improved design review processes.
- As-Builts – Teams can easily filter, find and export all relevant as-built information such as Sheets, RFIs and Submittals, and carry over links to other related documents like files or photos from within Autodesk Build.
To continue Autodesk Construction Cloud’s momentum, additional capabilities coming to Autodesk Build include:
- Progress Tracking – Teams can track the percentage of work completed on their projects and quantify the materials installed to update plans accordingly;
- Work Plan – A new collaborative space, based on BIM 360 Plan, where teams can build their roadmaps, track commitments, manage constraints and view progress towards key performance metrics;
- Closeout – Automation of handover document collection and review workflows, supporting project lifecycle data management in Autodesk Construction Cloud;
- Bridge – New collaboration capability that lets teams share key project data between firms without having to share an entire project, and gives each team agency over their own project data archive.