Autodesk BIM 360 provides a cloud-based design collaboration and coordination platform which connects teams, executes on design intent and deliver high-quality models. However, it is important to know how files are uploaded in a way which suits the workflow requirement and purpose of the file type. In this post, we will be showing you the example of uploading a Revit model into BIM 360 Documents. There are two ways to store Revit models in BIM 360 Documents which are as follows:
BIM 360 Documents web interface
Cloud Revit Models
Although they appear to be similar in the BIM 360 Documents web interface, they behave differently based upon how they’re uploaded to the cloud. If you desire to share your model with other members of your project team to work on simultaneously, it is best to upload to BIM360 within Autodesk Revit as a Cloud Revit model.
Check out how to upload models to BIM360 within Autodesk Revit as a Cloud Revit model.
- -Open your project model in the Revit application.
- -Switch to the Collaborate tab and open the Collaborate tool.
- -Choose to Collaborate in BIM 360 Document Management.
- -Navigate to the folder in BIM 360 Documents where you’d like to create the Cloud Revit Model.
Once you’ve created the Cloud Revit Model (also called the Central Model), always open the Cloud Revit Model from within the Revit application.
- -Open the Revit applica-ation.
- -Choose BIM 360 from the list of common locations at the left side of the File Open dialog.
- -Navigate to the folder in BIM 360 Documents where you created the Cloud Revit Model.