What's it all about ?
Buildling Information Modelling (BIM) is a structured, measured and comprehensive approach to team working with heavy project or model information. In this current times, the construction sector requires all stakeholders to be on the same page to ensure a smooth run of projects. With current times project demanding the input and collaboration of a large amount of various stakeholders, not to mention the management and analysis of reams of data, coordination is key and communication breakdowns can affect the projects negatively.
An ideal technology adoption for construction teams, whether large or small, would be to have a comprehensive construction management platform with all data being unified or in a central location to simplify collaboration and proactively anticipate project changes, as well as have the ability to provide data-driven guidance for improvements.
What is Autodesk BIM Collaborate?
BIM Collaborate is cloud-based design collaboration and co-ordination software that connects AEC teams, helping you to execute on design intent and deliver high-quality constructible models on a single platform
Review, manage, and coordinate designs in one place and keep teams on track
- – Track design progress instantly without needing to access design tools.
- – Improve model quality with easy-to-use design markups and issues tracking.
- – Easily view any combination of models with contextualised change analysis.
- – Quickly assess risk with automated clash detection.
- – Make smarter decisions with project insights.
- – Reduce rework RFIs and change orders with better construction documentation
What is Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro?
For design teams, BIM Collaborate Pro, formerly known as BIM 360 Design, adds cloud collaboration capabilities for model co-authoring (includes Revit Cloud Worksharing, Collaboration for Civil 3D and Collaboration for Plant 3D). Accelerate timelines with live design co-creation.
Which BIM Collaborate is right for you?
Compare BIM Collaborate and BIM Collaborate Pro design collaboration and co-ordination software for architecture, engineering and construction projects.
For teams that review design work, give feedback and co-ordinate models.
- – Cloud-based document management-Simplify access to relevant 2D sheets, 3D models and office files in a common data environment
- – Aggregated model view-Contextually navigate aggregated models with pan, orbit, walk and create new model views
- – Automated clash detection-Upload models to automatically detect clashes, viewing results in the aggregated model or an intuitive clash matrix
- – Project timeline-Exchange data between teams in design packages, tracking progress for all disciplines with dates and contents
- – Change analysis-Understand how published changes from other teams affect ongoing work within context of the full project model
- – Watch groups-Get notified about added, removed or modified elements between versions by disciplines affected and modification type, in any web browser
- – Managed trust workflow-Control the real-time data your designers and consultants can access, to manage complexity, avoid miscommunication and reduce rework
- – Co-ordination spaces-Explore options, run clash analysis and assess constructability against shared models without disrupting work by other teams
- – Issue management-Identify, detail and assign issues and centrally manage in a common data environment
- – Account and project administration-Set up and manage teams in one place, with full view of access and permissions across projects
- – Document approvals and version control-Ensure the project team is always working off of the latest models with automated version control
- – Connections to Navisworks and Revit-View, assign and resolve Model Co-ordination or Navisworks issues in either Navisworks or Revit
- – Project analytics and insights-Leverage advanced analytics from your centralised project data, export this data if needed and use to identify and mitigate risk
- – BIM 360 and Autodesk Construction Cloud platforms-Access and manage projects in both BIM 360 and Autodesk Construction Cloud platforms
- – ISO 19650 support-Access workflows that support ISO 19650, a global design and construction information management standard
BIM COLLABORATE PRO
For teams that need to co-author in Revit, Civil 3D or Plant 3D and manage data exchange.
- Revit cloud worksharing-Collaborate in real-time with contributors across teams, disciplines and time zones using cloud-based Revit worksharing. Check out Revit elements or families as you normally would, then sync with central or publish to the cloud for faster co-creation on a central platform
- Collaboration for Civil 3D-Create, edit and reference Civil 3D files, data shortcuts and xrefs across teams, companies and time zones in the cloud. Use familiar workflows via a Desktop Connector-enabled connected drive
- Collaboration for Plant 3D-Securely share AutoCAD Plant 3D files across teams, companies and time zones. Centrally organise projects, view changes in a web browser and maintain compliance requirements
- When using cloud co-authoring services Revit Cloud Worksharing, Collaboration for Civil 3D and Collaboration for AutoCAD Plant 3D:
- Projects on BIM 360 will support Revit 2018.3 or later, Civil 3D 2020.2 or later and AutoCAD Plant 3D 2021 or later
- Projects on the unified platform will support Revit 2018.3 or later, Civil 3D 2020.5.1 or later and AutoCAD Plant 3D 2021 or later
Workflows and use cases
Get to know of the different workflows of BIM Collaborate